The C16 makes short work of cutting large electrical and stranded rigging wire.
Its shear-type jaws feature Felco's patented "triangular cut" system designed to slice through wire rope smoothly -- without crushing.
Long handles and relatively short jaws produce high leverage and cutting power. Maximum cutting diameter will vary with metal hardness.
The C16 has hardened steel blades and center bolt, and unbreakable forged aluminum alloy handles (lifetime guarantee) with comfortable plastic covering for good grip.
The C16 cuts:
• Galvanized wire rope up to 5/8" (16 mm) thick
• High tensile hard steel cables up to 9/16" (14 mm) thick - resistance 160 kg/mm²
• Stainless steel cable up to 1/4" (6 mm) thick - resistance 190 kg/mm² (but we use it on 3/8" SS cable all the time)
• Extra tough wire rope or strands up to 3/16" (5 mm) - resistance 210 kg/mm
• Also cuts electric cables of copper, aluminum or steel-cored aluminum up to 16 mm (5/8"), and aluminum or copper rods up to 14 mm (9/16")
• Cuts steel rods up to 10 mm and tempered steel spring wire up to 5 mm in diameter
• Length 23"
• Weight 5 lb
• Blades are resharpenable as well as replaceable
• Made in Switzerland by Felco