The C12 cutter features shear-type jaws with Felco's patented "triangular cut" system designed to slice through wire rope smoothly -- without crushing.
Long handles and relatively short jaws produce high leverage and cutting power. Maximum cutting diameter will vary with metal hardness.
The C12 has hardened steel blades and center bolt, and unbreakable forged aluminum alloy handles (lifetime guarantee) with comfortable plastic covering for a good grip.
The C12 cuts:
• Galvanized wire rope up to 1/2" (12 mm) thick
• High tensile hard steel cables up to 5/16" (8 mm) thick - resistance 160 kg/mm²
• Stainless steel cable up to 1/4" (6 mm) thick - resistance 190 kg/mm²
• Extra tough wire rope or strands up to 3/16" (5 mm) - resistance 210 kg/mm
• Also cuts electric cables of copper, aluminum or steel-cored aluminum up to 12 mm (1/2"), and aluminum or copper rods up to 10 mm (3/8")
• Cuts steel rods up to 8 mm and tempered steel spring wire up to 4 mm in diameter
• Length 19"
• Weight 3 lb
• Blades are resharpenable as well as replaceable
• Made in Switzerland by Felco