Spar varnishes are formulated to handle the bending and flexing of wooden masts.
Unlike polyurethane clear finishes which become brittle, crack and peel when used outdoors, this marine quality varnish remains flexible and allows for the expanding and contracting seasonal movement of the wood.
This clear finish is formulated with ultraviolet absorbers to resist the sun's degrading rays and protect the wood's natural appearance.
This tough finish is ideal for heavy use surfaces.
It is ideal for interior and exterior wood surfaces that are subjected to sun, moisture and weather.
• Available in gloss or satin finish
• Use on wood doors and trim, window sills, outdoor furniture, railings and wooden boats
• Superior durability and maximum UV protection
• Resists cracking and peeling
• Man O'War is flexible and produces a high build to resist weathering, salt air and water
• Excellent for wooden boats
• Do not use below the waterline
• Do not use on wooden decks or steps (slippery!), log homes, wood siding
• Application: polyester or natural bristle brush; do not apply with a roller, as it will produce bubbles
• Thinner: do not thin
• Theoretical coverage is 300-400 ft²/gallon depending on porosity of surface; 2 - 4 coats recommended; 44% solids (vol.)