The Mirka CEROS sander is a revolutionary development in random orbit sanders for wood. It combines the best features of electric and pneumatic sanders in one electric sander. It is half the size and weight of traditional electric sanders. Its low profile makes it easy to handle with one hand.
• 3" diameter with 2.5mm orbit (does not includes a case)
• 5" diameter with 5mm orbit (includes a case)
• 6" diameter with 5mm orbit (includes a case)
At the heart of the CEROS sander is a brushless 400 watt DC motor. It is soft-start for easy starting and includes an electric brake for quick spin-down. The digital speed control adjusts speed in 1000 rpm increments from 4,000 to 10,000 rpm and maintains constant speed even under load. DC motors are basically maintenance-free insuring a dependable, long life.
If you've used a pneumatic sander, you'll be familiar with the lever switch on top of the Mirka CEROS sander. Unlike traditional electric sanders, you don't hold a trigger or flip a switch with your other hand. You just hold the sander in one hand and turn it on or off by pressing the lever down with your palm.
The lever switch operates in two modes. In Mode 1, it operates as an on/off switch. You set the RPM on the controller and turn the sander on by squeezing the lever switch. In Mode 2, it operates as a variable speed control and on/off switch. You set the maximum RPM on the controller and vary the speed of the sander up to that limit using the lever switch.
The 5" & 6" Mirka CEROS Sanders use 5/16" stud mount sanding pads. The standard multi-hole pads work best with Mirka Abranet Mesh Abrasive, but are compatible with sanding discs in conventional hole patterns (5 inch 5-hole and 6 inch 6-hole). Mirka also offers soft pads, interface pads and pad protectors to fit your needs.
The 3" Mirka CEROS Sander uses a 1/4" stud mount sanding pad. The 6-hole pad works best with Mirka Abranet Mesh Abrasive, but can use other 3" hook & loop abrasives (albeit with less effective dust collection). Mirka also offers interface pads and pad protectors to fit your needs.
• Excellent power-to-weight ratio
• Low-profile for enhanced control
• One-hand operation for less fatigue
• Brushless DC motor has longer life
• Soft Start for smooth, controlled operation
• Electric Brake reduces rundown time
• Constant speed under load
• Dual Mode Throttle: On/Off or Variable Speed
• Quiet Operation
• Vac Ready for Dust-Free Sanding
• 3 year warranty
• CEROS sander with integrated 12 ft. cord
• DC transformer and power cord
• Multi-hole backup pad and pad wrench
• User Manual and Quick Start DVD
• Systainer for transport and storage of 5" and 6" models
• (Note: The 3" CEROS sander DOES NOT include a Systainer.)