A value-oriented seasonal bottom paint, ProGuard Ablative delivers good performance, value, and reliability - all in one.
Proguard Ablative is an all-purpose, low VOC antifouling paint formulated to erode away with use — exposing new biocide and reducing paint buildup. As with all ablatives, it works best on boats which are used on a regular basis.
It provides season-long protection in warm waters and in areas with moderate to high fouling.
ProGuard Ablative can be applied directly over most properly prepared antifouling paints (except vinyl or tin based).
Recommended for fiberglass, wood, and properly primed metal boats (except aluminum).
Can be used in fresh, salt and brackish waters.
• Season-long protection in moderate to high fouling areas
• Reduced paint build-up
• Biocide: cuprous oxide 42%
• Low VOC formulation
• Apply by brush, roller, or spray
• For rolling, use a 3/8" solvent resistant roller cover
• Thinner: Xylene
• Theoretical coverage is 455 ft²/gallon; at least 2 coats recommended, 3 on bare wood; 62% solids (vol.)