The rescueME EDF1 electronic distress flare offers users a safe and long-lasting solution to visual signalling in an emergency.
The unique lens design, combined with the use of advanced LEDs and highly efficient circuit technology, ensures a constant level of light output throughout the life of the user replaceable battery.
The EDF1's light output is an all-round 360° beam with a vertical angle of over 30° (15° above and below the horizontal) for exceptional light coverage. Light is also distributed throughout the hemisphere above the unit to ensure full coverage visibility from the air.
The rescueME EDF1 can be used repeatedly in any of its four modes (economy, bright, ultra, and beam) , for continuous visibility for hours at a time - an advantage over single use pyrotechnic flares which only last for minutes.
There is also a flashing SOS function which can be actiavated in any of the four modes.
The EDF1 is both safe to store and operate, while also eliminating any worries associated with disposal.
The compact size, long battery life, and rugged design mean the rescueME EDF1 is the perfect safety product for a grab bag, life raft, or hiker’s backpack.
• Advanced LED technology - safe operation
• Compact, rugged design
• Superb 360 degree visibility
• Excellent overhead visibility for aircraft and helicopter SAR
• Up to 6 hours battery use (economy mode)
• Constant brightness maintained throughout the life of the battery
• Four modes of operation plus SOS signalling in any mode
• Easy-to-change proprietary battery; see Replacement Products, below
• Range up to 7 miles
• Waterproof to 10 meters (32 ft)
• 5-year limited warranty