Optima absorbed glass mat (AGM) batteries are sealed and maintenance-free. They combine proven lead/acid electrochemistry with a unique highly efficient spiral-cell design that provides up to twice the service life of a traditional starting battery, faster charging, and more recharging cycles - even in the hottest and coldest climates.
Red Top models are Starting Batteries with high cold cranking amps - ideal for extreme duty vehicles. You know who you are. Out-performs and outlasts traditional batteries in demanding cranking/starting applications.
Red Top batteries are best suited for vehicles that have alternators capable of keeping up with all electrical loads. If you have demanding electrical accessory loads - such as winches, audio systems, and other devices - an Optima YellowTop dual purpose battery will be a better choice.
• Delivers the strongest 5 second ignition power for a reliable start-up every time
• Outperforms and outlasts traditional batteries in demanding cranking/starting applications
• Spill proof - no excess liquid; can be operated in any position without the risk of leakage
• Never needs water; sealed - so no corrosion can form on the posts, connectors, or cables
• Unaffected by vibrations that destroy ordinary batteries
• More economical than ordinary batteries over the long life of the battery
• SAE automotive & GM style side terminal 3/8"-16 UNC-2B
• Dimensions (including terminals): 10"L x 6.9"W x 7.8"H
• Weight: 39 lb
• 3-year free replacement warranty; 1-year commercial use