The Pelican 7060 LED flashlight is the standard issue tactical/patrol flashlight for all City of Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers.
It employs new dual-switch technology that allows the light to be activated by either a body-mounted patrol switch or a tail-mounted tactical switch.
On/off dual switches each include a momentary mode, and allow the user to grip the light in several positions and still control activation.
The long-life 3 watt LED has no filament to break if the light is dropped or struck, and is as bright as an incandescent bulb.
The included lithium ion battery pack is rechargeable. Several charging accessories are available, including a 5-bank AC/DC fast charger, and an AC/DC dashboard/desk charger.
• Clean, white, high intensity, pre-focused LED beam reaches over 100 yards, and produces a 3 ft spot at 30 feet
• Light can be turned on with one switch, and turned off with the other
• Strong composite body with molded in "grenade" grip no-slip pattern
• Notched lens shroud allows user to see if light is activated while standing lens down
• Octagonal shape means the light doesn't roll on sloped surfaces, like on the hood of a car
• Rechargeable lithium battery weighs just 2 oz and has the power output of 3 D-cells (at 15 oz)
• Length 8.65"; weight 10.4 oz with batteries
• In use, the LED blinks twice every few minutes when it's time to recharge the battery
• 4 - 5 hour recharge time in battery charger
• Lifetime replacement warranty
• Light output: 164 lumens
• Run time: 2 hr 15 min (high); 15 hr (low)
• Beam distance: 800 ft (high); 370 ft (low)
• Peak beam intensity: 14,768 candela (high); 3,217 cd (low)
• Water resistance: IPX4 - protected against splashing
• Replacement battery: 3.7V 2200 mAh Lithium Ion (x 1) (Part # PPI 7069)
• Replacement bulb - none
• Lifetime warranty: You break it, they replace it... forever