Copperguard has a 33% copper load, it is a dependable antifouling paint that provides good protection at a very affordable price. Its durable, hard modified epoxy finish is able to withstand beaching, trailering, and season long abuse.
Traditional bottom paints use toxic heavy metals, like cadmium, to slow the release of biocides from the paint. Copperguard uses Pettit's breakthrough Clean-Core technology to replace as much as 50% of the heavy metals in the paint, for a cleaner environment. The Clean-Core chemistry allows for improved control and more even release of fresh biocides from the surface of the paint -- providing maximum protection over a longer period, not to mention less weight and brighter colors.
• Available exclusively to professional applicators.
• Provides excellent coverage and adhesion
• Can be applied over most bottom paints in good condition
• Suitable for all non-aluminum trailered boats
• Protection for all types of vessels in both fresh and salt water
• Application: brush, roller, airless or spray
• Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing or Pettit 121 Spray Thinner
• Theoretical coverage is 440 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended; 55% solids (vol.)