A best selling, water-based hard ablative antifouling, Hydrocoat is formulated with a 40% cuprous oxide biocide content and durable water-based resins.
It provides protection against algae, barnacles, zebra mussels and other fouling organisms, and is tough enough to withstand frequent trailering, launching and beaching.
Without the harsh chemicals found in most bottom paints, Hydrocoat is easier to apply and clean up, and has no heavy solvent smell.
Its controlled release paint film technology maintains a more constant release of biocides over a longer period of time than traditional bottom paints - for outstanding service life.
In addition, Hydrocoat contains low-friction PTFE, which forms an easily-burnished, ultra-slick film that helps reduce drag for quicker acceleration, faster cruising speeds, and improved fuel economy.
• Ablative coating wears away with use - exposing fresh biocide and eliminating paint buildup
• 40% copper content provides multi-season protection against all types of fouling
• Unlimited dry time to launch
• Environmentally friendly, low odor formula
• Application: brush, 3/16" nap roller, airless or spray
• Clean-up and thinner: Water
• Theoretical coverage is 430 ft²/gallon; at least 2 coats recommended, with additional coat at waterline; 40% solids (vol.)
Heavy on the technical side...
A Word From Pettit —
There seems to be a lot of confusion in the marketplace concerning water-based bottom paints.
Many believe that a paint which allows clean up with soap and water must not be able to withstand in-water immersion; others think that if a bottom paint is ecofriendly it must not be as effective as traditional bottom paints, and still others believe that all water-based bottom paints are built the same way...
For over two decades Pettit Paint has led the way with water-based bottom paint technology. Their award winning line of ecofriendly bottom paints provides lower applied cost per square foot, easier application, and work as well, if not better than traditional bottom paints.
In fact, Pettit now has water-based bottom paint formulas in just about every category.
Although there are many water-based antifouling paints on the market, not all are created equal and, no other brand offers all of these benefits:
• Compatible over all bottom paints - no more guessing
• They go further - 20% further in fact, typically covering over 400 square feet per gallon
• Unlimited launch window - paint today and launch whenever you want - no 60 day window, so you can take advantage of boatyard Fall Haulout specials
• No paint film build-up equals no sanding - EVER!
• Haul and re-launch without losing effectiveness
• No nasty solvent smells - allows for painting indoors
• Easy soap and water clean up
• Can be burnished for a slick racing finish