Real antifouling protection without heavy loads of copper or solvents, Hydrocoat Eco is the world's first copper-free, dual biocide, water-based, copolymer ablative antifouling paint.
In Hydrocoat Eco, the highest level of metal-free Econea biocide available is combined with Zinc Omadine, a powerful slime inhibitor, to provide unprecedented multi-season protection in the toughest marine environments.
Innovative Hydrocoat Technology is used to replace the harsh solvents found in most bottom paints with water, for easier application and clean up, with low VOCs, and no heavy solvent smell.
In addition, Hydrocoat Eco contains low-friction PTFE, which forms an easily-burnished, ultra-slick film that helps reduce drag for quicker acceleration, faster cruising speeds, and improved fuel economy.
Hydrocoat Eco’s co-polymer hard ablative paint film wears away with use, allowing for a controlled release of biocides for a longer service life, while eliminating paint build up and the need for sanding between coats.
This copper-free formula is compatible over almost all bottom paints and is safe for use on all substrates including steel and aluminum.
Hydrocoat Eco will not lose effectiveness when removed from the water.
• Water based, copper-free, self-polishing, ablative antifouling paint
• Outstanding multi-season protection in all conditions
• Dual biocides - Econea (6%), and Zinc Omadine (zinc pyrithione) (4.8%)
• Co-polymer ablative technology eliminates sanding and paint build-up
• Easy application with brush, roller, or conventional spray
• Easy cleanup with soap and water
• Thinner: water, if necessary (do not thin more than 10%)
• Theoretical coverage is 430 ft²/gallon; at least 2 coats recommended, with additional coat at waterline; 40% solids (vol.)
Heavy on the technical side...
A Word From Pettit —
There seems to be a lot of confusion in the marketplace concerning water-based bottom paints.
Many believe that a paint which allows clean up with soap and water must not be able to withstand in-water immersion; others think that if a bottom paint is ecofriendly it must not be as effective as traditional bottom paints, and still others believe that all water-based bottom paints are built the same way...
For over two decades Pettit Paint has led the way with water-based bottom paint technology. Their award winning line of ecofriendly bottom paints provides lower applied cost per square foot, easier application, and work as well, if not better than traditional bottom paints.
In fact, Pettit now has water-based bottom paint formulas in just about every category.
Although there are many water-based antifouling paints on the market, not all are created equal and, no other brand offers all of these benefits:
• Compatible over all bottom paints - no more guessing
• They go further - 20% further in fact, typically covering over 400 square feet per gallon
• Unlimited launch window - paint today and launch whenever you want - no 60 day window, so you can take advantage of boatyard Fall Haulout specials
• No paint film build-up equals no sanding - EVER!
• Haul and re-launch without losing effectiveness
• No nasty solvent smells - allows for painting indoors
• Easy soap and water clean up
• Can be burnished for a slick racing finish
A Word about Biocides...
Econea™ (Tralopyril) biocide offers unsurpassed protection at low concentrations. In fact, tests show that antifoulants made with just 6% Econea are as effective as those made with 50% copper. This is great news for boaters who are looking for consistently superior antifouling protection.
It's also good news for the environment, as Econea breaks down quickly in the environment and its breakdown products are biodegradable.
The potent protection that Econea provides works only against hard growth, like barnacles and zebra mussels. That's why Pettit adds a second biocide, zinc pyrithione (trade name: Zinc Omadine) to control soft growth. Zinc pyrithione is a versatile workhorse in the world of biocide technology. Zinc pyrithione is so safe it is FDA approved for use in anti-dandruff shampoos, yet it delivers real muscle in the fight against marine slime, algae and other soft growth.