Affordable ablative protection for all types of vessels. Ultima SSA (Single Season Ablative) Antifouling Paint is an economical, yet effective antifouling. It protects all hull bottoms - wood, fiberglass, and properly primed steel from attachment of marine organisms in both salt and fresh water. Its ease of use, trusted performance, and attractive price tag make it an excellent choice for use as a boatyard’s "house paint".
Ultima SSA can be used on previously painted surfaces. As an ablative, protection correlates with coating thickness - one or two coats per season are recommended for optimal performance.
• Ablative paint technology eliminates sanding between coats, and eliminates paint build-up with repeated use
• Effective in both fresh and salt water
• Can be left out of the water for dry storage
• Cuprous Oxide: 37.5%
• Application: brush, maximum 3/16" nap roller, airless or spray
• Thinning: use 120 Brushing Thinner, 121 Spraying Thinner
• Theoretical coverage is 500 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended; 59% solids (vol.)