Designed specifically for marine applications, the heavy duty Rectangular Shear Mountings offer low height with the best combination of stiffness — soft vertically and at right angles to the crankshaft to isolate vibration, stiff fore and aft to take the propeller thrust.
The rubber component is covered by an oil shield to protect it from petroleum based products.
These mounts are pre-loaded 0.09", based on the anticipated combined engine and transmission weight, to limit engine movement.
To facilitate in the ease of installation the mounts are height adjusting.
These particular mounts are unusual in having both mounting holes elongated along the long axis of the mount, to assist in alignment of the drivetrain.
• Typical applications include 4 & 6 cylinder engines
• Offers a fail safe design
• Corrosion protected for long service life
• Deflection: 0.09" - 0.21"
• Base height to top of oil shield at the base of the stud: 2.50"
• Height adjusting nut: 0.55" thick (5/8" stud), 0.43" thick (3/4" stud)
• Overall mount dimensions: 6.50"L x 2.75"W x 5.38"H (5/8" stud); 6.50"H (3/4" stud)
• Note: You need to keep the engine foot low on the stud: the Maximum clearance between the bottom of the lower height adjusting nut and the oil shield on top of the base is 3/8" (10mm); if more height is required, a spacer is recommended under the mounting casting
• When calculating mount requirements, remember to include weight of engine, transmission, and all fluids