The Racor Fuel Polishing Cart processes fuel up to an impressive 20 gpm (1200 gph) and has 1" cam-lock fittings for fast, easy hose connections.
The cart utilizes Racor's popular high flow, high capacity FBO-14 fuel filter and water separator, which does not require any tools for filter changeouts, and offers many filter options for any application.
This portable unit is a cost effective way to filter diesel, jet fuels, mixtures of biodiesel, gasoline, and other petroleum hydrocarbon fluids in storage or transport.
It can also be used in preventive maintenance programs to keep fuel tanks clean, or as a servicing unit to clean fuel tanks that have become contaminated with rain, sea water, dirt, rust, and microbial growth.
• Easy operation - polishes, cleans, and recycles old or contaminated fuel
• Up to 20 gpm (1,200 gph) flow rate
• Choice of three filter elements - particulate removal, water separation/particulate removal, and water absorption/particulate removal
• Durable, corrosion-resistant, lightweight aluminum open frame construction with easy-rolling large back wheels and locking front casters
• Differential pressure gauge on filter to determine when filter element changeout is required
• Bypass valve for filter element changeout while in operation or for fluid transfer only, without polishing
• Sight glass and drain valve to detect and remove water
• Drip pans to capture dripping fluids and prevent environmental issues
• Dimensions: 26"L x 23.7"W x 33.3"H
• 120V AC single voltage motor
• Filter elements are available in 1, 5, 10 and 25 micron ratings, are sold separately - see FBO-14 Replacement Elements, below
What's in the box FC-20-1-120V-KIT — Fuel Polisher Filter and Cart complete with two (2) 25 foot inlet/outlet hoses, two (2) 4 foot tank probes (attach to end of each hose), and one (1) 25 foot power cord.
Optional extension cords are available.
Heavy on the technical side...
Why You Need Clean Diesel Fuel
With modern diesel engines, fuel quality is paramount, and poor fuel quality is prime cause of generator set and diesel engine problems. But no matter how carefully fuel is handled, contaminants find their way into fuel during transfer, storage or even inside a vehicle's tank.
Water, an engine's primary enemy, condenses directly from the air during normal day/night heating and cooling cycles. In addition to water, rust particles and chips from corroding tanks and piping, air blown silica sand, and other small particles are common in diesel fuel supply streams.
When there is free water in a diesel fuel tank, microbes have everything they need to grow, causing fouled fuel and damaging fuel tanks in the process.
Microbial growth can occur in a bulk storage tank or in a piece of equipment that is left idle for a long period of time. Alive or dead, microbes will clog filters and corrode fuel system components.
Racor Filter Carts are a cost effective way to filter diesel, jet fuels, bio-diesel, and other petroleum hydrocarbon fluids in storage or transport. These filter carts polish, clean up, and recycle old or contaminated fuel. They can also be used in preventative maintenance practices to keep fuel tanks clean, or as a servicing unit to clean up fuel tanks that have become contaminated with rain, sea water, dirt, rust, and microbial growth.
Racor Filter Carts are the ideal field service unit for the multitude of generator sets equipped with integral base tanks or day tanks, where fuel has been stored long-term and may have degraded from water and particulate contamination.