These filter heads and corresponding water removing/filter elements are essential components of gas station and truck stop diesel and gasoline dispensing pumps They are also used for overhead tanks, marina fuel pumps, farm and ranch re-fueling trucks, and mobile service vehicles.
Typically they are mounted inside (or outside) the dispensing pump, or attached to mobile tanks.
This filter starts protecting your engine right at the fuel source - removing virtually 100% of contaminants the fuel just as it is put into your tank.
See Accessory Products, below, for the filter elements used with these filter heads.
• Available flow rates are 15 gpm and 50 gpm, and 100 gpm (dual head version) by special order, part number 23179001
• Use with diesel or gasoline
• Applicable filter elements protect down to 25 microns (10 microns by special order)
• Easy maintenance - just spin on a new cartridge
• Maximum operating pressure 100 psi
• Absence of an internal filter bypass valve ensures that all the fuel that enters your tank has been filtered
Heavy on the technical side...
Racor Fuel Dispensing Filter Elements feature a super-absorbent, chemically treated media that absorbs 25 times its weight in water, "locking it in" as a barrier against free and emulsified water. As the media swells, it significantly (and observably) reduces fuel flow rate, signaling a need to replace the filter.