With the ultra-clean fuel and increasingly higher flow rates required by newer high injection pressure diesel engines, on-engine fuel filtration is becoming problematic.
Very high flow rate pre-engine fuel filters, such as these RVFS units, offer increased reliability and longer intervals between element replacement.
These RVFS combination Fuel Filter and Water Separator (aka Coalescer) units are often used as primary filters for filling a ship's day tank. When combined with downstream FBO or Turbine Filters (followed by traditional on-engine filtration), the required ultra-clean fuel quality can be consistently achieved.
Use these filters to remove liquid and solid contaminants from diesel fuel, gasoline, kerosene, aviation gas, jet fuel, and other lubricating or hydraulic oils.
The RVFS unit utilizes proven filter elements which can be used as coalescers, pre-filters, or separators - depending on the element selected.
Element choices include coalescers, separators, particulate, clay bags, pre-filters, and water absorbing cartridges.
Note — Elements and RVFS housings are sold separately. See Replacement Products, below, for the elements we offer. Addiitonal types of elements are available by special order, please inquire at 800-426-6930.
RVFS features —
• Applicable for a wide variety of fuels and applications
• 2" NPT inlet and outlet ports
• Flow rates from 25-75 gpm (diesel) and 50-150 gpm (kerosene or aviation fuel)
• Carbon steel construction
• Buna-N O-ring cover seal
• Knife-edge cartridge mounting seals
• Changing element requires 16" overhead clearance
• Add 9" to height for optional floor mounting legs (shown)
• Elements are sold separately, see below