Tru-Design Fiberglass Reinforced Composite Ball Valves
Strong Corrosion Free Electrolysis Free NPS Straight Threads
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
As low as $70.80
As low as $70.80
These are lightweight, strong, fiberglass reinforced nylon composite ball valves with straight (aka parallel) threads - similar to competing products - making them ideal for controlling inlet and outlet water requirements. They have an easy action which never needs lubricating, and are completely corrosion and electrolysis free.
Designed and made in New Zealand for use in marine applications above and below the water line, Tru-Design ball valves are IMCI approved to ISO standard 9093-2.
The body of the ball valve is manufactured of a glass reinforced nylon composite with high impact and tensile strength resulting in a lightweight unit, free from corrosion and electrolysis issues. The ball and sealing rings utilize a PTFE polymer to ensure a smooth action, and continuous ease of operation over many years - without the hassle of twice-yearly lubrication, as in some others.
These valves have NPS (straight/parallel) threads - like a threaded thru-hull fitting - which are not "self-sealing". You must use pipe joint compound, thread seal compounds or "Teflon® tape" to seal the threads when making connections.
The advantage of parallel threads over tapered threads is that there is maximum engagement between the mating threads providing an especially strong connection. We do not recommend mixing fittings with straight and tapered thread forms.
• Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - high strength and light weight
• Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
• Electrically non-conductive - no bonding required
• Chemical resistant - impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
• UV resistant - will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolor from the sun
• Large bright colored handle for easy operation and viewing of position
• Size and thread form marked on each end
• Large operating temperature range (-40° to 175°C)
• High quality surface finish - will not discolor with green film as similar bronze fittings do
• Standards approved through IMCI & Bureau Veritas to ISO standard 9093-2
• These ball valves are available in BSP thread forms by special order; inquire at 800-426-6930
• Can be locked in the closed position with a user supplied padlock or pin
Click here for additional information and technical data about this product - including valve dimensions.