The main difference between Rigid's white M-Series marine lights and the black E-Series off-road lights is that the M-Series has an alodine chromate conversion coating applied to the aluminum housing before being powder coated.
Alodining provides a protective layer that makes the aluminum more corrosion resistant, and better able to withstand salt spray. As a conversion coating, the alodine also causes the applied powder coating to adhere better to the aluminum housing.
Both series of lights feature black or white powder coated stainless steel brackets and hardware.
The white M-Series of forward projecting LED lights utilize Rigid Industries' patented Hybrid Optical System with a parabolic reflector and suspended central focusing lens for excellent beam focus and projection.
This is a second generation design which projects more than twice the amount of light at the same power than previous models.
Customers have commented that these lights really stand out from the competition with an easy-to-see difference in beam brightness and distance.
They are used on everything from recreational to commercial vessels, snowplows, and other applications exposed to salt...or where a white colored fixture is desired.
M-Series Flood Lights produce a 25°, broad beam with an effective range just over half that of the comparable M-Series Spot Light, but with twice the area coverage.
The wider the fixture selected, the more intense and longer the beam.
Not only do LED lights produce more light for the energy consumed, they have an incredibly long service life compared to traditional lights.
Being solid state devices with no moving parts, LEDs are able to withstand shock and vibration better than traditional Halogen, HID and Xenon lights.
They have typical service lives of over 50,000 hours, compared to halogen and xenon lights - which typically last up to 1,000 and 5,000 hours respectively.
LED lights are the perfect solution for demanding marine lighting.
• More efficient than traditional lights - decreases expenses and reduces power consumption for the same intensity light
• Crisp, clear, consistent light over the life of the bulb
• Made with the finest marine grade materials, and the latest Cree and Osram LEDs
• Unbreakable lexan lens
• IP68 rating — rated for continuous immersion; dust tight
• No warm up — instant on/off
• A360 high purity aluminum extrusion casing
• Alodine primer, durable, UV resistant, 3-stage powder coat finish
• ASTMB117 salt/fog certified
• Hardwired with sealed waterproof connector - no plug or switch included
• 9 - 36V DC
• Zero UV emissions
• Pressure equalizing system
• Ultra efficient heatsink
• Light kit includes stainless steel white powder coated cradle and mounting hardware