Ritchie's Helmsman Series is a premium compass line with a large 3 3/4" dial.
It is engineered to fit today's most popular size boats.
This Helmsman flush mount style compass provides a secure, low-profile installation, excellent dial visibility, and minimizes the effects of hull or engine vibration.
On powerboats, it is used on fishing towers, fly bridges, center consoles and bridge decks.
On sailboats, it is most often mounted on side decks, coach roofs, or steering pedestals.
The CombiDial on the HF-743 combines a traditional flat card with a direct reading dial.
It can be read from both above and directly in front of the compass, maximizing readability from any angle.
This allows for mounting this compass in any location in relation to the helm.
CombiDials are designed to provide PowerDamp performance for minimizing spinning and dial jumping at high speeds, and in rough conditions.
• Durable, hardened steel pivot and sapphire jewel movement
• Internal gimbal systems for maximum stability during adverse pitch and roll conditions
• Exclusive built-in 12V green NiteVu lighting
• High gauss DirectiveForce magnets provide superior accuracy and smooth, rapid response
• Movable sun shield
• Built-in compensators to easily adjust for deviation
• 100% repairability
• Optional protective cover (H-741-C) is sold separately; see Related Products, below
• Exclusive 5-year Ritchie warranty
• Made in the USA
Note — if you are replacing an older HF72 or HF73 Helmsman (which had a 5" mounting hole) with one of these newer models, you will need to purchase an H-A adapter plate to compensate for the smaller 4" hole size of the new HF742/743 compasses. See Related Products, below.