Ritchie's Helmsman Series is a premium compass line with a large 3 3/4" dial.
It is engineered to fit today's most popular size boats.
Bracket mount compasses are among the most popular styles for their fast and versatile installation at almost any location, particularly angled surfaces.
Bracket mounted compasses are easily removable for security purposes.
The traditional flat card style dial in the HB-740 is best suited when mounting the compass in a location where you are looking down at the compass to see the course heading.
On their flat card dials, Ritchie adds a special lightweight PowerDamp® baffle that eliminates spinning and dial jumping at high speeds and in rough conditions.
• Extra 45° lubber lines
• Durable, hardened steel pivot and sapphire jewel movement
• Internal gimbal systems for maximum stability during adverse pitch and roll conditions
• Exclusive built-in 12V green NiteVu lighting
• High gauss DirectiveForce magnets provide superior accuracy and smooth, rapid response
• Movable sun shield
• Built-in compensators to easily adjust for deviation
• 100% repairability
• Optional protective cover (H-741-C) is sold separately; see Related Products, below
• Exclusive 5-year Ritchie warranty
• Made in the USA