Designed for use on smaller steel hulled vessels, this 3-3/4" dial compass features built-in compensators and quadrantal correctors on the base to adjust for deviation caused by magnetism from ferrous metal in the vessel.
The traditional flat card style dial in the HB-845 is best suited when mounting the compass in a location where you are looking down at the compass to see the course heading.
Unlike larger compasses for steel boats, this 3-3/4" flat card dial compass is only available with 5° graduations, and large numerals.
On their flat card dials, Ritchie adds a special lightweight PowerDamp® baffle that eliminates spinning and dial jumping at high speeds and in rough conditions.
• Extra 45° lubber lines
• Special reinforced bracket with quadrantal correctors; 4-3/8" wide
• Durable, hardened steel pivot and sapphire jewel movement
• Internal gimbal systems for maximum stability during adverse pitch and roll conditions
• Exclusive built-in 12V green NiteVu night illumination (24V and 32V available by special order)
• Standard night illumintion is green, but red is available by special order.
• High gauss DirectiveForce magnets provide superior accuracy and smooth, rapid response
• Movable sun shield
• High temperature construction for extended operating range
• 100% repairable
• Optional protective cover (H-741-C) is sold separately; see Related Products, below
• 5-year warranty
• Made in USA