Rule's Gold Series features advanced features throughout supported with an exclusive 5 year warranty. This is a traditional "Non-Automatic" bilge pump which is activated by a separate float, or panel mounted. switch (sold separately).
This pump has a 1-1/2" discharge outlet.
• Exclusive Rule® moisture tight seals
• A Rule manufactured long life, heavy duty motor for superior quality
• A double insulated long stack motor
• Heavy duty 5/16" stainless steel shaft
• Extra strong nylon/fiberglass impeller
• Heat resistant acetal resin housing
• Easy clean snap lock straining system to virtually eliminate clogging
• Completely submersible
• Rust and corrosion protected
• Silent, vibrationless operation
• Anti-airlock protection
• Able to run dry without motor burn-out
• Marine grade sealed wiring
• Ignition protected
• CE and ISO 8849 certification
• 5-year limited warranty
Heavy on the technical side...
Note — The capacity of ALL centrifugal bilge pumps, regardless of manufacturer, is rated at "open flow" — with no hoses or resistance to impede output. In actual use, however, the work of lifting the bilge water out of the boat will decrease the output of the pump.
The higher the lift, the less the output.
For a typical larger bilge pump, expect an output decrease of approximately 5% per foot of lift.
For this Rule 3700 gph pump, the tested output is about 87% of rated capacity when the maximum height of the discharge hose (not the outlet thru-hull) is 3 ft above the pump, and about 75% of rated output at 6 ft above the pump, and 62% output at 9 ft.
Pump output is further decreased by long discharge runs, any elbows in the discharge line, internal corrugations in the hose selected, etc.
If you have any doubts about the ability of any bilge pump to meet the requirements of your installation, it is always prudent (and not much more expensive) to simply purchase a higher capacity pump.