Lightweight, robust, and with a low friction jewel bearing, the Hawk Race brings all the benefits of the Hawk Wind Indicator, but mounts at gooseneck height in front of the mast.
Designed primarily for larger single handed dinghies, the Hawk Race allows quick and accurate reference to apparent wind direction without having to look up at the top of the mast.
Ideal for both upwind and downwind reference.
The vane is made of super tough, glass-filled Nylon 12, for improved rigidity, durability, and UV resistance over similar looking polycarbonate versions on the market. It is all but indestructible.
The support rod is high grade aluminium — allowing it to be bent, if required, or straightened should it be knocked or damaged.
• Lightweight design with a low moment of inertia and jewel bearing for sensitivity and accuracy in light winds
• Vane arm length: 10.6" (27cm)
• Maximum extension: 17.5" (44.5cm)
• Overall height: 4.5" (11.4cm)
• Overall weight: 1.13 oz (32gm)
• "V" jewel low friction bearing
• Counter weighted balanced vane arm
• Secure, quick release, adjustable bracket mount