The Hawk is lightweight with a balanced arm and a "V" jewel bearing surface.
The vane is made of super tough, glass-filled Nylon 12, for improved rigidity, durability, and UV resistance over similar looking polycarbonate versions on the market. It is all but indestructible.
The support rod is high grade aluminium — allowing it to be bent, if required, or straightened should it be knocked or damaged.
The easily removable mast clip can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, and is easily removed without tools.
Adjust and lock the reference arms at any angle for quick, at a glance, indication of either gybing or tacking angles.
• Use: Dinghies, Dayboats, Sportsboats up to 26 ft (8m)
• Lightweight design with a low moment of inertia and jewel bearing for sensitivity and accuracy in light winds
• Vane length: 10.6" (27cm)
• Overall height: 11" (28cm)
• Overall weight: 0.88 oz (25gm)
• "V" jewel low friction bearing
• Counter weighted balanced vane arm
• Quick release mount
• Underside of vane has white reflective patches, and underside of reference arms have red reflective patches for night use