Jiffy Reefing allows for an entire "slab" to be quickly removed from the mainsail in order to reduce sail area and power in heavy-air conditions.
With the mainsheet and main halyard eased, Jiffy Reefing lines pull the aft reef grommet tight to the boom. A separate reef line attached to the forward reef grommet is then ightened, pulling the sail tight and and flat at the gooseneck. The halyard is then tightened and the mainsheet is trimmed with a new reduced sail area.
This #73-45 reefing block slide is suitable for most boats up to approximately 40 feet in length.
• Mounts on t-track to allow for precise positioning for your mainsail's aft reefing points
• Stainless bail allows the "dead-end" of the reefing line to be tied or spliced and then led under and around the boom up through the mainsail's clew reefing grommet
• Slide features polyethelyne liner for easy adjustment on t-track
• Spring-loaded stop pin secures slide on track
• Fits 1-1/4" x 3/16" T-Track