Under their cosmetic cover, all Standard Series Sea-Dog electric horns have a steel base housing. Unlike some other brands, this steel housing is doubly protected from corrosion by both a red primer paint and a baked-on automotive paint overcoating.
Physics dictates that the base housing must be steel in order for the copper coil actuator to create the magnetic field which causes the stainless steel diaphragm to vibrate - making the horn sound. The primer/paint coatings provide excellent protection to the steel which would otherwise be susceptible to rusting.
This horn is a drop-in replacement for many common OEM horns, with a matching bolt hole footprint.
• Two-tone dual horn
• Decibel rating at 1 meter: 111 dB (approx. twice as loud as the single Compact Horn)
• Pre-wired, sealed sound unit with 304 stainless steel diaphragm
• Integral mounting bracket
• Meets ABYC standard A-23
• NMMA type accepted #748120, for use on vessels under 39 ft
• 12V DC
• Available in either retail packaing or in bulk
Note — When installed, horns should point, at least, slightly downward to permit water drainage.