The FD Series of pre-engineered/fixed fire extinguishers are factory rechargeable, and utilize FM-200 — a "clean" extinguishing agent.
FM-200 is a Halon replacement, and is safe for use around people and sensitive equipment, as well as in engine spaces.
Two models of FD extinguishers are available: automatic only (A models), and automatic with the option of manual discharge (M models).
These are the Manual/Automatic (M) models.
Separate purchase of a discharge cable is required to make use of the manual discharge feature.
As "pre-engineered" systems, FD extinguishers are permanently mounted in a selected enclosed space - such as an engine room.
They are designed to produce a certain concentration of extinguishing agent (8.7%) in the volume specified on the extinguisher.
Full discharge occurs within 6 to 10 seconds for rapid extinguishment and minimal fire damage.
FD systems are suitable for use from 20°F (-7°C) to 130°F (54°C).
• Ideal for fire protection in enclosed areas onboard, such as electrical control rooms, machinery, engine and generator compartments, paint lockers and lazarettes
• Automatic (heat actuated) discharge, with manual override option
• FM-200® agent is non-toxic and non-corrosive, as well as non-ozone depleting
• Clean, gaseous agent leaves no messy foam or powder residue behind, so sensitive electronics, radar equipment, and engines can be fully operational following use
• For use in any space; factory rechargeable
• M models (Manual/Automatic) require purchase of a Sea-Fire Cable Assembly for manual discharge; see separate listing for cables
• Diesel powered craft must also install an automatic engine shutdown system, or the extinguisher may not extinguish the fire
• Includes: pressure gauge, mounting bracket, discharge/low pressure indicator light in a mounting bezel, installation, operation, and maintenance manual
• Compliant with National Fire Protection Association requirements; U.S. EPA accepted Halon alternative
• FM-200 agent is also marketed as HFC-227ea and FE-227™
• 3-year warranty