Tuff Stuff is a high-build two-part epoxy primer that dries fast — enabling application of a complete barrier system and bottom paint in just two days.
Incorporating Microsheet Silicate Technology, millions of microscopic sheets overlap and build a 100% water barrier that protects the surface from moisture and water penetration. Tuff Stuff is extremely effective for blister prevention on fiberglass, or as a bilge coating, because it is resistant to oil and water.
As a universal primer, it can be used for corrosion protection on most metals - aluminum, bronze, stainless steel, cast iron, lead - above and below the waterline, and for priming any metal.
• Dries faster and has a longer working time than Sea Hawk S-78 High Build Primer, so multiple coats can be applied in one day
• Highest build epoxy – fewer coats needed, for reduced labor costs and less haul out time
• Can be applied at 10-15 mils dry film in one coat, using a brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
• Fills deep scratches and gouges in a few coats and can be sanded within 8 hours to a smooth finish
• Use over blistered fiberglass as a repair coat, and over unblistered fiberglass as a barrier coat
• Excellent for priming props, shafts, keels, trim tabs, thru hulls and lower units