When the door is closed, the latch is engaged. Push the knob to flush position to lock the latch. Push the knob again, to out position, to unlock the latch. The push knob assures safety and has a sleek-looking appearance.
The plastic base sits on the rear surface of the door. The neck portion is inset into the door, up to the thin flange, so the mechanism is only 4mm proud on the door surface - just over 1/8" with the knob in the recessed position. Counterplate/strike plate mounts on side wall of cabinet.
The TLP-LBWHT comes with an integral plastic deadbolt to lock the latch.
• Knob protrudes a total of 19mm (3/4") when released
• Door thickness from 19 - 30mm (3/4" to 1-3/16")
• Holding force: 44 lb
• ABS plastic (latch body), zinc alloy (knob base/neck); brass (knob)
• Push knob and latch body sold separately; see below
• Supplied with stainless steel screws (3×16mm, 3×20mm) for latch body
• Latch body and knob are sold separately; see Related Products, below, for the knobs