TDS Fitting Epoxy is a custom blended flexible epoxy specifically engineered for bonding teak decking to a variety of substrates. Notably, it was developed as a "tough" adhesive capable of enduring the flexing yachts undergo at sea.
The user friendly 1:1 mixing ratio allows a batch of any size to be easily measured and mixed. No induction required, once mixed, the material can be spread immediately. With its fiber reinforcing, Fitting Epoxy also makes a strong, flexible fairing compound.
Depending on temperature and batch size, working time is typically 40 - 60 minutes, the material will set in 4 - 6 hours, and cure in 24 hours. Custom blending is available for special requirements such as extended pot life or low temperature cure. Please contact us with your requirements for specialized products.
• Bonds to all common deck substrates - wood, fiberglass, aluminum, steel
• Internal fiber reinforced for increased strength and flexibility
• Protects deck substrate from corrosion and water penetration
• Cures in temperatures as low as 50° F
• DOT (US Dept. Of Transportation) certified as non-corrosive - no hazardous label for shipment
• Coverage: approximately 30 ft² (2.8m²) per gallon at 1/8" thick when applied with a 3/16" notched trowel