BayStar® brings the same safety, reliability, and comfort of larger traditional hydraulic systems to smaller boats with outboard engines with 150 HP or less.
The BayStar steering system consists of a super low friction helm for smooth comfortable steering, a balanced cylinder–featuring a compact design that fits most splashwells. For your convenience two lengths of 20’ cut to fit tubing are supplies (2 x 20’ length), two bottles of hydraulic steering fluid, and one fill tube for easy fill and purge.
BayStar is NOT recommended in applications with high steering effort (i.e. such as those using high performance engines or boats capable of attaining high speeds), customers should consider upgrading the system to SeaStar/SeaStar Pro steering . This will reduce the steering effort due to the fact that SeaStar steering provides more output power resulting in lower steering effort.
• Use on runabouts and inflatables
• 4.5 turns lock-to-lock provides precise, low effort steering
• Compact design fits most splashwells
• Helm has 5" footprint with 3" dash hole
• 3/4" tapered shaft
• Made with rigid ISO quality control, the finest materials, and precision manufacturing
• Meets ABYC standards and NMMA certification requirements
Kit includes: helm, cylinder, fittings, tubing, oil, fill kit, and detailed instructions