The CH1700 controls are both smooth, positive handling and ergonomically comfortable.
They are designed for starboard (right side) gunwale mounting only, and are not suitable for center consoles.
These controls come with the standard features of neutral safety switch, neutral lock-out, neutral warm-up, and a safety engine-stop switch with emergency pull-out lanyard. They use 3300/33C style cables (10-32 threaded ends), but they can also use Mercury-style cables from 1965 to date including Gen II, and OMC/Johnson/Evinrude/BRP from 1979 to date.
• Dual function control - one lever controls both throttle and shift functions
• Models with trim switch - for most outboards
• Models with trim and tilt switches - for most stern drives
• For single station use (only) with most engines
• Trim switch in grip for one-hand operation
• Power tilt when needed for trailering
• Neutral safety switch is standard
• Neutral interlock feature prevents accidental shifting
• Adjustable throttle brake prevents "throttle creep"
• "Easy-On" cable design accepts virtually every type of OEM and 3300/33C type cable
• Mechanical advantage 2.38:1
• Meets/exceeds all applicable standards