SeaStar® steering systems are totally self-contained units that make steering a boat a truly enjoyable experience. Their super-efficient hydraulic operation produces an effect most people equate with power steering, although they are not.
Some dash modifications are required when you upgrade from a mechanical system, but there are no pressure vessels or power units to mount. With a compact helm, two hoses, and a cylinder, a new SeaStar system fits easily into the same place as the mechanical system it replaces.
• For single and twin non-power-assisted outboard engines up to 300 HP or 600 HP total and speeds under 60 MPH
• Use on cruisers, runabouts, center console boats, off-shore fishing vessels, etc.
• Patented No FeedBack technology
• 5 turns lock-to-lock
• Helm has only a 4-7/16" footprint and requires only a 3" dash hole; optional tilt helm requires larger hole
• 3/4" tapered shaft
• Factory swaged hoses are Kevlar® reinforced
• Packaged includes: helm, cylinder, hoses, fittings, oil, bleeder kit and detailed instructions
• Optional tilt helm is available by request as well as several mounting kits, add-a-station kits, and drill jig for professional installers
• Meets ABYC standards and NMMA certification requirements