Specially developed for fast craft with powerful engines, where there is often no space available for a waterlock muffler or gooseneck. The MV muffler includes an integral flapper check valve, which helps prevent backflow into the engine when in rough seas or maneuvering astern.
Designed for use with a Vetus TRCS (stainless steel) or TC black plastic transom thru-hull (see separate entry). This thru-hull incorporates a second check valve, making the use of a gooseneck unnecessary. Transom thru-hull MUST be at least 2" lower than the engine exhaust manifold outlet to prevent water backflow into engine.
• For use with water injected exhaust systems, only
• Significant reduction in exhaust noise
• Back pressure is absolutely minimal
• Compact and lightweight synthetic material is durable and completely corrosion-proof
• Includes stainless steel mounting brackets
• Integral port for optional temperature sensor
• In the image shown, the inlet is on the right side and is marked on the muffler