The Dual System 257 from Water Witch offers boat owners and manufacturers two systems in one product —
1) Primary protection, to activate a bilge pump when it senses the presence of water.
2) A secondary system to activate an alarm or a backup bilge pump in case of primary bilge pump failure.
The 257’s monitoring system is constantly on guard and will activate the primary bilge pump when it detects water for 8 continuous seconds.
The 257’s secondary circuit will activate only when high water levels are detected for 2 continuous minutes - indicating that the primary bilge pump has failed or is having difficulty emptying the bilge.
The monitoring and secondary systems work hand-in-hand to provide previously unavailable protection in one electronic control. The 257 can be connected to any auxiliary system such as a second bilge pump, audio alarm or visual alarm.
The 257, like all Water Witch products, meets or exceeds the Canadian & U.S. Coast Guard standards and comes with an unmatched 7 year limited warranty.
Other 257 benefits include:
• Works with oily bilge
• Will not pump pure fuel or oil (if there is a major fuel tank breach)
• No electrolysis
• No moving parts
• No pump stutter or short cycling from boat action
• Unmatched 7 year warranty
• Power Required: 12V DC
• Max. Main Load: 15 Amps @ 12 volts
• Max. Aux. Load 10 Amps @ 12 volts (Note that this load is smaller than the primary load.)
• Auxiliary System Activation - after 2 minutes
• Max. Total Load: 20 Amps @ 12 volts (Note that after 2 minutes, both systems will be active.)
• Power used at rest: 0.004 Amps
• Dimensions: 2-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 1-5/8"D