Like Viagra®, this is one of those products developed for one use, but found to work really well for another use.
Even though 3M™ may not market this tape as such, customer feedback is that 3073 is especially well suited to low temperature packaging applications.
Its biggest fans are frozen fish processors.
The new technology adhesive used on 3073 tape was specifically engineered to stick to recycled corrugated boxes - like those typically used for storage and shipping.
Super tacky, this tape can be applied at cold temperatures.
3073 has a reputation for working as well as tapes that 3M markets specifically as "low temperature" tapes, but at a much better price.
• Ten times the tack level of conventional box sealing tapes — so it sticks to almost any packaging material
• Works great on recycled corrugated boxes, good adhesion to troublesome fiberboards
• Suitable for use with handheld dispensers as well as automatic and semi-automatic equipment
• Conformable backing
• Edge tear and split resistant
• Adhesive is pressure sensitive hot melt synthetic rubber with 10% bio-based content