With its thicker, soft inner lining and edge padding, the 8511 provides a step up in long-use comfort from the 8210 and 8210-V.
It helps provide comfortable protection against dust during sweeping, sanding, grinding, working with fiberglass insulation, drywall sanding and other non-oil aerosol dust laden environments.
• Cool, dry comfort for the wearer, provided by the patented Cool Flow™ one-way exhalation valve
• Easier breathing — electrostatically charged Electret Media catches dust, but lets air through
• Adjustable M-shaped noseclip helps provide a custom fit with secure seal, and reduces the potential for eyewear fogging
• No faceseal, but soft inner shell conforms to face for long-term comfort
• Secure, comfortable fit with dual braided straps for a range of head sizes
• NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirator
• Priced by box of 10, and by the blister pack
Heavy on the technical side...
The 8511 is an N-Series particulate respirator:
• N-Series Filters — Use for airborne solid or liquid particulates that do not contain oil droplets or mists.
(Oil based aerosols can coat the filter fibers, reducing their effectiveness.)
• These filters can be used until they are damaged, soiled, or breathing becomes difficult.
• The N95 rating indicates at least 95% efficiency in a standardized government filtration test. (N100 rating indicates a 99.97% filtering efficiency in the same test.)
NIOSH filter series:
• N-Series - for particulates free of oil aerosols
• R-Series - for both oil and non-oil particles with time use limits specified by NIOSH
• P-Series - for both oil and non-oil particles with time use limits specified by the manufacturer
Although in the marine industry, oil-based aerosols are normally not encountered, it is worth noting that while a respirator might be worn for protection from solid particulates (dust), oil mists or droplets may be present in the air from unexpected sources, such as nearby machinery - possibly making it advisable to use an R or P rated respirator.
The presence of oil aerosols in the air can compromise the functioning of a non-oil rated filter by coating its fibers and should be taken into account when selecting which filter to use.