3M's flagship product for gelcoat refinishing and mold work in a more aggressive formulation.
Although not marketed as such, you can think of this product as an "Extra Cut" version of 3M's original Imperial Compound and Finishing Material formula.
This combination compound and polish is designed to take heavily oxidized gelcoat to full gloss with just a single product.
It combines an exceptionally fast cutting compound with a fine finishing material. As you buff, the coarser compounding particles degrade as they remove oxidation, leaving the finer abrasives which polish the surface to a gloss finish.
Note - This product is more aggressive than the similar sounding 3M Marine Compound & Finishing Material (MMM 6044, 6045, & 6046 - the original "Imperial" formula).
In spite of its more aggressive compounding formulation, however, the chemistry of this product is such that it contains the same finishing material and leaves the same full gloss shine as the less aggressive "Marine" version.
• Saves time, money, and effort by combining compounding and polishing into a single step
• Leaves an excellent finish without swirl marks
• Use for final polishing of surfaces previously sanded with P800 sandpaper
• Contains no wax or silicone
• Buff with a wool pad on an air or electric buffer (1500-2500 rpm)
For painted surfaces, we recommend 3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound #06085.