Marine industry standard HEPA filter with relief from nuisance levels of organic vapors and odors.
Used largely for welding, this filter is 3M™ recommended for ozone protection up to 10 times the TLV (threshold limit value) and welding odor relief.
(Note: product is not NIOSH approved for ozone protection.)
Similar to the 2078 P95 filter, but with a P100 rating — indicating an extraordinary 99.97% filtering efficiency - the highest available.
NIOSH approved for environments containing both oil and non-oil based particles.
The 2097 particulate filter can attach directly to any 3M bayonet facepiece when only particulate hazards are present.
In environments where particulates exist and harmful vapors exceed "nuisance levels", an appropriate 3M chemical vapor cartridge should be used with this 2097 filter mounted on it using a 3M 502 adapter, as the vapor cartridge alone does not protect against particulates.
Alternatively, when a chemical vapor cartridge is used, you can switch to the less expensive 2091 filter, which offers the same P100 level of particle filtration.
• Chemical absorbent provides relief from nuisance-levels (below OSHA PEL) of organic vapors
• Can be used in applications formerly requiring HEPA-rated respiratory protection
• Suitable for all marine applications such as grinding, sanding, sawing, welding, brazing, torch cutting, soldering, sweeping, and asbestos abatement.
• As required, use with appropriate gas or vapor cartridge
• Advanced Electret Media with electrostatically charged microfibers capture particles, but let air through - for easier and cooler breathing
• Flame resistant, flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting
• Priced by the pair