Unlike similar looking right angle sanders, grinders are equipped with a safety guard - making them suitable for use with bonded wheels and discs.
3M grinders are high quality, lightweight tools with high air-use efficiency - generating surprising power and smooth operation.
The guard rotates 360°, and can be repositioned for better visibility of the work surface, and easier access in hard to reach areas.
Use for general metal fabrication applications — grinding, blending, weld leveling, metal prep, and pipe notching.
The extended version (11-1/2" long) has a 3 inch longer neck than the standard model (8-1/2"), and is ideal for hard-to-reach areas.
Use of the included side grip handle, for either left or right hand, places the operator’s hand further from the grinding area for safer operation, and provides more leverage for control.
Safety guard allows use of tool with bonded wheels, as well as fibre discs, flap discs, and Scotch-Brite™ surface conditioning discs.
Tool has a 3/8" air inlet, but includes a 3/8" to 1/4" reducer allowing for use of a variety of air inlet plugs
However, for optimal tool performance, we recommend using fittings whose internal diameters maintain the full air flow.
• 1 horsepower, high-torque motor allows higher pressure without stalling the tool
• Polymer encased metal motor housing provides stable temperature, for more operator comfort
• 3M™ gripping material molded into tool housing allows greater control with less gripping force
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 35 SCFM
• Precision steel spline coupler provides accurate motor alignment and improved smoothness
• Right angle steel gear head with grease fitting helps extend gear life
• Note - this product is the tool, only. The image shows a bonded wheel and air plug for illustration only