With their fine grits, these Trizact belts make ideal finishing belts.
The 307EA Series is especially suitable for pre-plate surface finishes.
Trizact is an engineered abrasive structure which is uniformly distributed over the surface of the belt.
This faithfully replicated design results in long life, and incredibly consistent results for the entire life of the belt.
With the abrasive imbedded in the structure, Trizact continues cutting and doesn't wear out like other belts, so you don't start with a too aggressive scratch, and end up with a not enough.
With Trizact, the scratch pattern is consistent from start to finish.
Trizact construction also eliminates variation in perfomance from belt to belt.
The unique construction of Trizact abrasives requires a different grading system (see Table) — which is defined by the average particle size measured in microns.
These Trizact grades begin with the letter "A".
Where there is an equivalent, we have supplied the more familiar "P" grading equivalent.
• 307EA belts feature a flexible cloth backing
• Aluminum oxide mineral
• Consistent, predictable finishes over the life of the belt
• Not just faster, but more consistent cutting rates
• Cooler grinding and finishing temperatures
• Reduced processing steps
Heavy on the technical side…
Computer designed, 3M™ Trizact™ Abrasives are unique among abrasives in being constructed of sharp, precisely shaped, micro-pyramid structures which hold multiple layers of abrasive mineral particles.
These micro-pyramids are precisely and densely distributed, over the surface of the abrasive product, unlike the "sprinkled on" pattern of conventional abrasives.
As the points of these pyramid-like structures wear down, they expose fresh surfaces with new, sharp mineral — providing consistent performance.
This is in contrast to conventional abrasives, where the original "sharp" points simply wear down, leaving a dull, flat surface that produces uneven finishes.
The result of Trizact engineered construction and grain pattern is a product which:
• Is incredibly consistent in both structure and performance
• Has re-generating sharp edges — for products that last longer, run cooler, and cut faster - over the entire life of the product
• Has found an application niche in consistently producing very fine, finished surfaces