The Firefly PRO Waterbug is a SOLAS-approved strobe light with a built-in water activation feature that will automatically activate once submerged.
It is one of the brightest and most feature-packed strobe lights on the market today. And it is offered at a very attractive price!
The Firefly PRO Waterbug boasts a light output of over 41 candela per strobe for up to 56 hours, using standard alkaline batteries. That's 45% brighter than other USCG approved PFD lights.
The Firefly PRO also incorporates a new generation of revolutionary Wide Light Emitting LEDs to produce a 360° super bright flash with a visibility of over 3.2 miles.
With four functions, you can toggle between the Armed mode for automatic water activation, the ultra-bright Strobe Light, or the SOS Strobe to visually alert Search and Rescue of your location. Then you can switch to the Steady-On feature for close up recovery operations.
• Water-activation function
• Revolutionary 360° LED technology, with over 300 peak lumens output
• Ultra-bright, cool white light has no yellow tint - so it travels farther
• Energy efficient microprocessor and redesigned electronics for maximum operation life
• Tested waterproof to 33 ft (10 m)
• Set of user supplied AA alkaline, or lithium ion, batteries provides continuous strobe for over 56 hours, or steady-on for 28 hours — twice as long as competing models and exceeds USCG and SOLAS requirements by over 48 hours
• Compact size will easily fit inside an inflatable life jacket or pocket for comfortable wear-ability
• Military spec casing is rugged enough to withstand years of abuse and the harshest environments
• Two lashing loops and included Velcro strap for easy mounting to your life jacket, belt or pack - where it's always ready to use
• Sliding on/off switch is easy to operate - even with gloves on
• Strobe flash rate is ∼60 pulses/min
• For Coast Guard requirements, alkaline batteries must be replaced annually; for SOLAS specs, must use lithium AA batteries, replaced every 5 years