You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
These vertical evaporator kits are ColdMachine system components used when converting an insulated, top loading, built-in icebox to a thermostat-controlled 12 volt refrigerator/freezer.
Forming the "freezer" portion of the icebox, and designed for loading from the top, these evaporators have no doors.
Each evaporator must be paired with a ColdMachine or Super ColdMachine condenser to make a complete refrigeration system. See Related Products, below.
The evaporator kit includes a thermostat which connects to the condenser control module via a phone cable.
ColdMachine condensers and evaporator kits now come with self-sealing "quick-connect" fittings for easy attachment. Unlike the old "one-shot" connections, quick-connect fittings can be disconnected and reconnected whenever necessary without loss of refrigerant.
Quick-Connect Adapters (see below) are available to join older one-shot components to newer quick-connect counterparts (professional installation required since the older unit will need to be re-charged with refrigerant).
• An evaporator must be paired with a condensing unit to form a complete refrigeration sytem - you need to purchase one of each
• Condensers and evaporators are pre-charged and ready to install
• Evaporators and cold plates include a thermostat kit and 15 ft copper tubing (12.5 ft for the VD-160 cold plate)
• BTU rating: 650/hr maximum at +25°F evaporator temp
• Evaporator capacities assume refrigerator with 3" of polyurethane insulation and 40% run time; or freezer with 4" of insulation and 50% run time
• Warranty: 1-year labor; 2-years parts