A packing box, or stuffing box, is a device that seals around the propeller shaft, preventing seawater from entering the boat.
These bolt, or gland, style packing boxes are preferred by many since, unlike the nut style, you don't have to swing a big wrench to disassemble them, or adjust the gland pressure.
This makes them ideal for installation in confined spaces - such as a narrow bilge.
The studs can be shortened, if desired, to allow the use of a socket wrench.
The hose connection between the packing box and the vessel's shaft log provides enough flexibility to allow for small shaft alignment discrepancies.
• Complete assembly includes: body, gland, hex nuts, hose and hose clamps
• Body and gland are finely machined cast bronze
• Hose is extra heavy 5-ply marine exhaust hose
• Clamps are T-bolt style all stainless steel for added security - except for the smallest 1-1/4" size (00PB125G), which comes with standard worm gear hose clamps
• Complete range of shaft and hose sizes available; please inquire
• Won't loosen due to shaft rotation