A copper-free, hard ablative, solvent-based bottom paint, EP-ZO is recommended for use on both commercial and recreational vessels. EP-ZO can be used on any hull material, and is suited for sailboats, powerboats, trailered boats, work and fishing vessels, as well as police and fire boats. It is ePaints most versatile, general purpose antifouling paint, and its best selling recreational boat bottom paint.
EP-ZO works by combining the patented photoactive release of hydrogen peroxide to prevent attachment of hardshell fouling organisms, and the degradable biocide, Zinc Omadine (zinc pyrithione, 4.8%), to eliminate grass, slime, algae and bacteria.
Moderately hard, EP-ZO has as hybrid hard/ablative finish that incorporates the benefits of both hard and ablative type paints.
This means no old paint build up — service life is a direct function of the film thickness applied when painting.
• A multi-season antifouling paint
• Maximum recommended boat speed is 30 knots
• Copper-free - safe for use on aluminum and steel, including outdrives and trim tabs
• Hauling and re-launching will not affect coating performance; suitable for trailering, can stay out of the water as long as 12 months
• Bright, true colors will not fade, stain, or turn yellow
• Light colors - white and gray - perfom better in high fouling waters
• For use in fresh or salt water
• Easy application by roller or brush
• Thinning is not recommended; if necessary, thin with ePaint EP-13 thinner
• Coverage is 310 ft²/gallon; 2 or 3 coats recommended, with an additional 2 coats along the waterline; 55% solids
• Made in USA