ePaint's best selling antifouling for commercial vessels, SN-1 is a copper-free, ablative self-polishing copolymer, solvent-based bottom paint. It is recommended for use on vessels with maximum average speeds less than 30 knots.
SN-1 works by combining the photoactive release of hydrogen peroxide to prevent attachment of fouling organisms, and the agressive, yet degradable biocide, Sea-Nine™ 211N (2.9%), to eliminate the ones that manage to resist the peroxide.
Sea-Nine 211N is a new generation, rapidly degradable, settlement inhibiting, antifouling agent used in commercial ship-building paints.
It has won the EPA's "Green Chemistry Challenge Award" as being free from heavy metals and low impact, while providing highly effective, long-lasting, broad spectrum activity against bacterial slime, algae, barnacles, tubeworms, hydroids, bryozoa, tunicates, seaweed, and other marine organisms.
Sea-Nine 211N has long-term efficacy in paints, but rapidly degrades in the environment, presenting acceptably low bioaccumulation and environmental risk at recommended use levels.
• SN-1 is a multi-season antifouling that offers superior protection in heavy fouling waters
• Service life can be extended by applying an additional coat
• Environmentally safe - no copper or tin compounds
• Compatible with all hull materials; well-suited for aluminum (prime with EP-Prime 1000)
• Ideal for commercial workboats
• Bright, true colors - will not fade or stain over time
• Hauling and re-launching will not affect coating performance; can remain out of the water for up to 12 months
• Not recommended for trailered boats in hot climates (continuously over 90°F)
• Not for retail sale; formulated for professional commercial or government agency application only, using proper protective equipment
• Apply by brush, roller or spray
• Coverage is 270 ft²/gallon; 3 coats recommended, with an additional 2 coats along the waterline; 56% solids
Metal free — available for sale in California
Heavy on the technical side...
Specified for use by the U.S. Coast Guard and Dept. of Defence.
Formerly only available for use by U.S. government agencies, SN-1 is EPA registered and now approved for use on commercial vessels and commercial application.
ePaint SN-1 has been specified by the U.S. Coast Guard for a decade, and is used on over 95% of their aluminum fleet.
ePaint SN-1 is also authorized for use on U.S. Navy aluminum ships, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, NOAA, National Park Service, and State and municipal police, fire, harbormaster, and natural resource agency boats.