These versatile manganese bronze tiller arms were designed as the attachment point for autopilot rams to mechanical steering systems.
The use of an auxilliary tiller arm maintains the integrity of your original steering system by keeping it independent of the autopilot, thus providing a back-up steering system.
Edson tiller arms are available in 10" and 15" lengths for use with most of the autopilots on the market today.
• Variable attachment points allow for proper positioning of the autopilot ram
• Two piece, cap and arm design allows installation without removing the rudder
• Jaw end is 3/4" wide to accept autopilot rams with ball end fittings with 1/2" pins
• Optional bronze clevis (#619) can be used with autopilots that do not have a ball-joint end fitting, or which use a ball end fitting that is too large to fit into the 3/4" open jaw end of the tiller arm
• Accommodates rudderposts to 5"
• Accepts clevis fittings with jaw openings of 1-5/8"
All tiller arms are custom bored and will be accessed a "bore charge" (currently approx. $100 - $250 depending on the bore diameter just to give you an idea; subject to change, of course). You can call us at 800-426-6930 for an exact quote.
When ordering, specify: rudderpost diameter, keyway size and location, or if a thru-bolt will be used instead of a key