Compressed gas suppressants, such as FE-241® and HRC-227ea, will not stall a diesel engine.
If fire breaks out aboard a diesel-powered vessel, the engine must be shut down immediately.
A running diesel will continue to pump fuel into the engine compartment.
A running diesel also consumes large quantities of air, and can actually suck the extinguishing agent right out of the engine compartment — allowing for possible re-ignition.
Any running engine compartment blowers exacerbate the problem.
Fireboy's ES Series has models available for shutting down up to eight (8) circuits with a operating currents up to 10 amps.
They are available in either 12V DC (standard) or 24V DC models.
The 24V DC models are designed to work on multi-voltage engines and equipment installations.
The ES model comes with a choice of either a round or square helm station display.
• Fireboy® engine shutdown systems respond automatically when a Fireboy system discharges
• Shutdown capability for up to eight engines, gensets, blowers, dampers, louvers, and other types of related engine room equipment
• Solid state circuitry for greater reliability
• The 5000 and 8000 series are available with a 15-second time delay for GM diesels
• Each engine shutdown display unit comes with a helm station display with charged/discharged lights, a black box processor & connections module, an integrated alarm horn; panel display includes an override switch for restart or control of auto-shutdown; additional units and wire harnesses are available for a second station