Carbon fiber spinnaker poles afford the opportunity for significant weight reduction and easier handling, over comparable aluminum poles. These strong, high quality poles are produced from pressure-cured intermediate modulus carbon fiber, and high performance epoxy resin systems. All carbon poles are custom made in the USA.
Lengths indicate maximum available for the specified diameter. The length of your spinnaker pole is determined by your boat's J measurement - roughly the straight line distance from the front of the mast, at deck level, to the headstay tack. It is available from your sail plan. All fittings used are included when determining the length of a finished pole. Call us if you need assistance in determining the proper pole length.
• Typically 40% lighter and 50% stiffer than comparable aluminum poles
• Poles come complete with Spectra trip lines
• An optional retractable bridle is available for larger poles at extra cost - features internal outboard-end trip lines, and a retractable topping lift; this rigging allows the sailor to smoothly complete a dip-pole spinnaker jibe, without detaching the pole from the mast. See separate entry.
• Poles listed have straight, non-tapered tubes; poles 4.5" diameter and above are available with double tapered ends by special order; call for details
Three finish options are available: Standard Finish is uncoated EZ Grip (as molded), optional UV High-Gloss Epoxy Clear Coat and Awlgrip Color Coats are available. See separate entry.
• EZ Grip poles have a dull, matte finish and are coated with a sealer to help prevent fraying; they have a very good gripping surface - even when wet; having no UV protection, these poles should be stored inside the boat
• UV High-Gloss Epoxy Clear Coated poles are shiny and smooth; if stored on deck, these poles require periodic re-coating - the frequency depends on geographical location
• Awlgrip Color Coating on carbon poles is strongly recommended for maximal UV protection - especially if stored on deck, or up the mast; (Matterhorn White unless some other color is specified)
• For physical or UV protection, padded pole covers are available in two sizes. See separate entry.
• Optional Kevlar® patches help protect the pole from chafing on the headstay; generally, dip-pole jibing boats would use one, end-for-end jibing boats would use two. See separate entry.
• Image shown is a shortened demo model and includes an optional Kevlar patch
• Note: due to their length, these items must ship via truck or air freight
• Note: a packing charge is required; please choose the one applicable to the pole diameter. See separate entry.