A Hydromatic strainer eliminates the nuisance of unwanted and untimely system shut-downs due to strainer clogging from seaweed, jellyfish, etc. It incorporates a powerful electric macerator pump which periodically cleans and flushes the strainer without the nedd to shut down connected devices. A remote control panel is included.
One large NPT threaded inlet and one large NPT threaded outlet...
The HSE strainer only comes in one pipe size and can supply filtered water to one large consumer - such as a main engine - or, with an installer supplied manifold system, the Hydromatic HSE strainer can function as a sea-chest — replacing multiple seacocks, traditional strainers, thru-hull fittings and related plumbing. This can markedly reduce the cost and complexity of new or retrofit installations.
• 30-second filter basket-cleaning cycle is automatically performed at intervals selected by the user (remote panel included); option for manual override
• Integrated macerator pump grinds and discharges accumulated debris overboard via a separate, dedicated 1" NPT outlet port (debris is typically discharged below the waterline)
• Flow rates to 650 gallons per minute
• "Corrugated" filter basket design increases filter capacity
• "Ignition Protected" DC permanent magnet motor is submersible
• Available with 230 volt motors by special order; please inquire at 800-426-6930
• Installation can be horizontal or vertical (flooded inlet required)
• Cast bronze strainer body
• All ports are NPT